December 19, 2020
Smoked Ham Chops – Lang BBQ Smokers Recipe Blog
Award Winning Chef Ed Zaleski of the barbecue competition team, the Carnivore’s Paradise of Romeoville, IL shared this recipe for smoked ham chops.
Smoked Ham Chops
Author: Carnivore’s Paradise
- 4 – 2″ thick porterhouse pork chops
- ½ gallon of water
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Triple 9 Swine Apple Cherry Glaze
- Combine water, salt, and brown sugar in a pot and heat to dissolve.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Place the pork chops in a large bowl or brining bag and add the cooled brine so the chops are completely covered.
- Refrigerate overnight for about 12 hours.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Place in the smoker standing upright on the T-bone or in a rib rack.
- Smoke at 250˚ for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature is 145˚.
- Sear over direct heat preferably using grill grates to get perfect grill marks.
- Glaze with Triple 9 Swine Apple Cherry glaze for salty-sweet flavor profile.